Sunday, June 1, 2008

Dora in the park

So today we went for a bike ride in the park. Yes, it sounds geeky but you did not see my new bike. I have not yet taken a picture of it but will and post it soon. It is creamy white, with a saddle tan leather seat, green and yellow palm leaves painted on the fender, green wall tires and drives like a dream. The best part about my new bike is it has a wicker basket attached to the front but can be removed and held by the cute little handle. Oh and it has a bell. I was riding down a steep hill today and lost a little bit of control and almost flipped over the handle bars. Trust me you do not want to bike ride in gold beaded flip flops. Anyway, we took a swing break in the park and noticed a large family having a birthday party. Immediately Mary was there, she so loves birthday parties and especially if it is one of those dreaded licensed character ones. Sorry if I offended you. To our surprise Dora came carrying a bouquet of balloons and a boom box. Yes the costume was a little dirty and I do think it may have been a man under that mask but Mary didn't care. She also did not mind that no one understood English. She did the Chicken Dance and Hokey Pokey but decided to sit the Limbo out. She is such a Party Crasher. Hey, I even took a picture with my phone. I am laughing out loud now to myself just thinking of Todd standing there clapping his hands and singing along with Mary. That is what you get for having a party in a public park. So we all rode away and waved good bye to our new friends and Dora. They didn't wave back to us. But I proudly rode my new bike away, red balloon now firmly tied around my handle bars and will never forget Dora in the park. Shit we forgot to get our goody bag.

No comments: